Nely Galan Blog

Ms. Mogul Blog Ms. Mogul - Dedicated to Entrepreneurship and Empowerment
The New You TV Blog The New You TV - A Forum for Women's Issues Targeting Health, Wellness, and Beauty

Monday, June 16, 2008

2008 Female Empowerment Tour

This summer I’m on tour speaking to women all around the country about entrepreneurship and empowerment. What an amazing experience it has been so far! I have loved meeting the incredible women who have created one-of-a-kind businesses in spite of the death of a spouse, raising 3 or 4 kids on their own, etc.

I really feel that it is these women who are the foundation of our country. In a time of darkness, these individuals are finding ways to not allow themselves to be victims; but rather, builders - creators of opportunities for themselves and others.

Be sure to check out the web sites of
Count Me In – www.countmein.org
National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) – www.nawbo.org
They are great organizations that help women make their dreams come true.

Also please read my Ms. Mogul blog about my experiences on the road, and my thoughts on what I’ve learned along the way at www.msmogul.com.

Nely

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Richards Mooney, Founder Women in Ecommerce said...

Heading right over to your new blog to check it out. Thanks for being such an inspiration to women entrepreneurs everywhere!

Wishing you much success on your "tour."

Sincerely,

Heidi Richards Mooney, Founder, Women's eCommerce Association - www.wecai.org

June 17, 2008 at 6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted your youtube video when I was blogging about female empowerment several months ago and didnt realize you were the luncheon speaker at NAWBO! It was great to hear your stories in person and wanted to provide you with the link as to what other NAWBO members had to say here:
http://nawbomiamiwomenbusinessnetworking.wordpress.com/2008/06/20/our-luncheon-speaker-nely-galan-television-producer-and-owner-of-galan-entertainment/

Take Care,
Valeska I. Jacques
www.managementheadaches.com

June 24, 2008 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please let me know if you come through Phoenix!!!

September 2, 2008 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Nely

I was at the event in New Mexico as one of the micro award winners for Count Me In. I want to thank you for your candidness and sharing your experiences. As a woman entrepreneur who is just starting out, I really appreciate your spirit and positive energy!

I look forward to see you at many more future events!

Cheers,
Cindy
www.staged4more.com

September 24, 2008 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger nitecats said...

Hola;
I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WILL BE MAKING A 'SWAM " SHOW FOR WOMEN 45-55 YEARS OLD. I WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE. IAM A PERFECT CANDIDATE FOR THE SHOW. YES IAM POOR. I WORK FOR A LIVING AND PRESENTATION IS ALL. I HATE TO THINK THAT "THIS IS ALL IAM GOING TO GET OUT OF LIFE! THE WAY I LOOK , MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR ME TO LOOK FOR OTHER VENTURES., AND YET I DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO PAY FOR ALL DENTAL, FACIAL AND BODY MAKEOVER THAT I NEED DONE. PLEASE , HELP ME . I WOULD LIKE TO DO THIS FOR MYSELF, BUT ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO DO IT FOR MY 12 YEARS OLD THAT TOLD ME,JUST RECENTLY ,(AFTER PARENTS TEACHER'S CONFERENCE)" YOUR GRANDMOTHER IS VERY NICE", BY HIS TEACHER. HE TOLD ME HE FELT EMBARRASSED TO CORRECT HER. FURTHER MORE, I SOMETIMES GET UNDESIRABLE COMMENTS FROM SOME PEOPLE EVEN THOUGH MY MANNER OF DRESSING IS IMPECABLE. I THINK THAT BECAUSE OF MY DENTAL APPERRANCE , THEY THINK IAM A CRACKHEAD.I WORK AT A H.S. AND I TRIED MY BEST TO HIDE THE DENTAL PROBLEM , BUT IAM AFRAID THAT GOING TO THE SAME DENTIST I HAD, IS GOING TO DO A WORST JOB AND CHARGE ME FOR IT. I HAVE THE PROOF!! PLEASE MS. GALAN HELP ME . I AM WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES , TO QUALIFIED FOR THIS SHOW. HOPE YOU COULD HELP.
THANK YOU
MARIA C.FALCON

November 9, 2008 at 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

women entrepreneurs do need some empowerment! Get that motivation to do the best that they can! do you have another tour coming up?

December 1, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home